Jun 4, 2014

Jeff 'n' Molly Go Places And See People

We had ourselves a little adventure over Memorial Day.
It was a beautiful and full weekend.
Saturday we drove down to Colorado Springs to see Jeff's brother's family. We stayed the night with them and enjoyed chatting with our 17 month old neice, Linley. She is expecting a baby brother or sister in December!
And while we were at it we climbed up on top of Pulpit Rock.
 photo DSC_0766_zps2c0823dd.jpg  photo DSC_0770_zps998d7e1d.jpg  photo DSC_0774_zpscf121057.jpg
On Sunday we drove over to Brush, CO to visit church with some friends of ours. We stayed and had lunch with their family who happened to have a litter of Labradoodle puppies! Cutest. Things. Ever. Jeff and I have been talking about getting a dog for a while and I think it might just have to be a Labradoodle pup.

Next we drove to Denver to meet up with our friends Adam & Ashley, from Laramie. We had been planning a shopping spree with them for several weeks. Our mission: Ikea, World Market, H-Mart, Trader Joe's.
Jeff and I had never been to Ikea or Trader Joe's, so we were in for an experience. We spent three hours walking through Ikea and found some shelving for our apartment which I can't wait to install!
At World Market we used our wedding gift cards to buy a nice rope hammock for our backyard, which I have been spending as much time as possible in. ;)
H-Mart is a big Asian super market. I do not have very much knowledge of Asian food, so I avoided the cow tongue and octopus and picked up whatever Ashley got that looked somewhat safe. She knows a thing or two about asian food, having spent most of her childhood in China. But I'm proud to say I made some better-than-takeout lemon chicken and fried rice as a result.
And finally, Trader Joe's. We scored some yummy chai, a pot of basil, and of course we had to have some Trader Joe's Speculous Cookie Butter, which we promptly slathered on some pancakes and smothered with fried peaches. YES! It was better than dessert! But lately I've been contemplating a deep question... If you can make peanut butter cookies, can you make cookie butter cookies???
I think I might have to try this soon. And I will call them Inception Cookies. A cookie...within...a cookie.
 photo DSC_0775_zpsb8d93248.jpg  photo DSC_0782_zpsdb688c5a.jpg  photo DSC_0785_zps6a2119b8.jpg  photo DSC_0786_zps2386db9c.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment